Robin Cohn, with more than 30 years of crisis public relations experience, is the author of The PR Crisis Bible (St. Martin's Press, 2000). Ms. Cohn has worked both with leading Fortune 500 corporations and small businesses to help prepare them for—or address—existing crises.
She has been a recognized authority on crisis management since she directed the response of the fatal Air Florida #90 crash in the Potomac River in Washington, D.C. Ms. Cohn advises decision makers on such crises as product boycotts, congressional investigations, bankruptcies and sexual harassment issues.
Ms. Cohn has written and lectured extensively on crisis management matters, and has been quoted in such publications as The Harvard Business Review, The New York Times, and USA Today. She has appeared on a number of news programs, including CNN, ABC World News and the BBC. A former adjunct professor in the graduate program at Fairleigh Dickinson University, she is featured in the textbook, The Practice of Public Relations.
Prior to forming Robin Cohn and Company in 1989, Ms. Cohn served as head of public relations for financier Ronald O. Perelman's holding companies, MacAndrews and Forbes Group and Revlon Group. Responsible for managing sensitive public relations issues within the different operating companies and on the holding company levels, Ms. Cohn managed many potentially explosive situations.
Today, Robin Cohn and Company advises both domestic and international companies on any problem that could hurt reputations and the ability to do business. It provides such expertise as:
• identifying and assessing potential risk to safeguard reputations and the ability to conduct business;
• providing tactics and counsel to operate during a crisis and contain its
• coaching decision makers to be crisis-ready with prevention techniques;
• utilizing crisis communications;
• training executives to master media interviews and utilize Social Media;
• anticipating future issues and developing practical solutions before they become major problems;
• designing reviews, seminars and simulations to meet a company's specific needs. Ms. Cohn works and resides in New York City.
Ms. Cohn works and resides in New York City.
©2001–2013 Robin Cohn and Company. All rights reserved.